Rob Johnson ‘Citizen of the Year’ for 2015
The list of credits linking Rob Johnson to the well-being of Ladysmith was too long to completely cover during a ceremony just before the annual Ladysmith Days Parade Saturday.
“When I got the notes for Citizen of the year, I didn’t have much room to embellish or anything,” Mayor Aaron Stone said in his speech, “because I got two full pages of accomplishments and contributions.”
Johnson was ‘born and raised’ in Ladysmith and is a ‘true ambassador for our town,” he told the crowd.
The list of Johnson’s accomplishments over the last 20 years includes:
• Member of The Rotary Club;
• Volunteer researcher for the Ladysmith & District Historical Society
• Member of the Ladysmith Revitalization Committee;
• Member of the Ladysmith Maritime Society and boat skipper of their heritage vessel for the past eight years;
• Conducting tours, which he developed, of Ladysmith Harbour;
• Helping with Christmas Hamper deliveries each year… and than some.
“This person works tirelessly on behalf of Ladysmith, whether it be conducting guided walking tours through town, greeting visitors, attending council meetings, or spreading the good word when travelling to other jurisdictions,” Stone said.
“The Ladysmith Celebrations Committee and the Town of Ladysmith are honored to present this award for 2015 to none other than Rob Johnson.”