The Town of Ladysmith has launched its redesigned mobile-friendly website with a host of new features to improve the online user experience.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has meant more residents are looking for Town information and conducting business online. We have focused on improving the overall online service delivery by making our website more functional to meet people’s needs while also adding many new features,” said CAO Allison McCarrick. “We invite everyone to pick up your smartphone or jump on the computer and explore the website redesign — we welcome your feedback.”
A few of the additional features now available through the Town’s new website include:
- Addition of emergency alert banners with the ability to colour change depending on the degree of severity;
- Accessibility options, including font size options and contrasting colours;
- Embedded billing calculator for property taxes;
- Updated newsletter subscription form added at the bottom of every page;
- “I Want To” section on the homepage for quick reference;
The search function has also been updated including an auto-complete setting.
Work began in early 2020 with design company Graphically Speaking. Council approved up to $35,000 for the project as part of the 2019 capital budget.
The Town welcomes feedback on its website redesign. Send your comments to email@example.com.