Phase 1- September 2014
- Close North Oyster Elementary in June 2014
- Move North Oyster K-3 to Ladysmith Primary (one-time option for Cedar elementary schools).
- Move North Oyster 4-7 to Ladysmith Intermediate (one-time option for Cedar elementary schools).
- Grades 8 to 12 at Ladysmith Secondary.
- Move towards transition of English enrollment at EDR to LPS/LIS beginning in September 2014.
- Single Track French Immersion K-7 at Davis Road.
- Analyze feasibility of offering late French Immersion at Davis Road
- District to evaluate French Immersion offered at Ladysmith Secondary.
- Explore uses for North Oyster School site with CVRD and community.
- Begin planning and consultation process for expansion/renewal of Ladysmith Primary to a K-7 and new Dual Track French Immersion school in Ladysmith.
Phase 2- 2014-2017
- If deemed viable, begin Late Immersion (Grade 6) at Davis Road September 2014 or 2015.
- Retain LPS/LIS to serve Ladysmith Zone K-3/4-7 English stream.
- If deemed viable, French Immersion begins at LSS.
- Monitor enrollment trends at LSS to ensure high school sustainability.
Long term 2017 and onwards
- Renovate and Expand Ladysmith Primary to renewed K-7 School.
- Build new K-7 Dual Track French Immersion School in Ladysmith (site to be determined).