FILE - In this June 11, 2017 file photo, Kevin Spacey arrives at the 71st annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York. Production is resuming next year on the sixth and final season of “House of Cards.”(Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP, File)

‘House of Cards’ to resume minus star Kevin Spacey

In November, Netflix said it wouldn’t be involved with the series if Spacey remained

Production is resuming next year on the sixth and final season of “House of Cards.”

Taping of the political drama was halted in October amid sexual misconduct allegations against star Kevin Spacey.

Netflix Chief Content Office Ted Sarandos told a conference Monday of the decision, Variety reported.

In November, Netflix said it wouldn’t be involved with the series if Spacey remained. Producer Media Rights Capital suspended him.

Related: Netflix fires Kevin Spacey after sexual harassment allegations

The eight-episode season will focus on co-star Robin Wright. No release date has been announced.

Netflix has said the decision to end the series was made before Spacey was accused of trying to seduce a teenager in 1986. He said he didn’t recall it, but allegations by other men followed.

Spacey’s rep has said he is seeking unspecified treatment

Related: ‘Weinstein Effect’ goes global as powerful men confronted

The Associated Press

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

Massive Monday morning fire destroys Chemainus home

Firemen on the scene at Waynes Road for several hours

Ladysmith Striders hand over Cinnamon Bun Fun Run to LRCA

The 12th annual Cinnamon Bun Fun Run raised $1,550 and and 3,000 lbs of food for the LRCA food bank.

Site C dam goes ahead, cost estimate now up to $10.7 billion

Premier John Horgan says Christy Clark left him no other choice

RCMP probe Canada Post mailbox thefts in Ladysmith, Chemainus

Local RCMP are investigating following numerous break-ins to several Canada Post mailboxes… Continue reading

Teen allegedly robs woman at gunpoint in Duncan

A Duncan teenager is facing charges after allegedly robbing a young woman… Continue reading

Smithers mayor loses bet, makes video on Ladysmith’s First Ave

Smithers Mayor Taylor Bachrach visited Ladysmith last week and caught up with… Continue reading

Ladysmith Kinsmen bonfire at Transfer Beach a go for Saturday night

Come on down to Transfer Beach on Saturday night and cozy on… Continue reading

Accused NYC subway bomber expected to face federal charges

Akayed Ullah, 27, was charged Tuesday with terrorism and weapons related charges

Strategy announced for Indigenous cancer care

Various stakeholders have come together to provide a road map from prevention to survivorship

Environmental groups slam NDP decision to continue with Site C

Construction industry, meanwhile, is cautiously optimistic about how the project will look

B.C. Conservatives applaud Site C decision

B.C. Conservatives happy with government decision to proceed

Hwy. 1 avalanche improvements promise less delays

B.C.’s new remote avalanche-control systems near Revelstoke are ready for avalanche season

Nanaimo votes to ban plastic bags

City councillors voted in favour of banning the bags on Monday, but staff have yet to determine whether or not they have the authority to impose a ban.

Island lighthouse keeper chased by wolf

He now has some important advice for anyone else caught in a similar situation

Most Read