A fallen branch took out a high tension power line on Malone Road just behind Ladysmith Primary School on Monday morning.
Residents in the immediate area were advised by Ladysmith Fire Rescue not to leave their homes due to the potential of the electrical current to travel.
The outage occurred at just after 9:30 a.m and affected 480 customers in the area south of Wilrose Place, west of 6th Avenue and east of Davidson Road.
“They’re all blocked off and we’re making sure nobody comes out of their driveway,” Fire Chief Ray Delcourt told the Chronicle.
Malone Road was blocked off between 6th Avenue and Mackie Road by fire crews as they waited for BC Hydro to arrive on scene.
Power was fully restored just before 1 p.m.