The Ladysmith RCMP detachment responded to 97 calls for service over the past eight days from Aug. 17 to Aug. 23.
Fri., Aug. 17
• The Ladysmith RCMP responded to a suspicious vehicle fire on the Comox Logging Road.
A 2012 Budget rental van was found intentionally burned. Investigation revealed that the van was stolen from the Duncan area earlier in the morning. The investigation into the stolen van is continuing, and the Ladysmith detachment is working with the Duncan RCMP detachment on the investigation.
• As a result of investigations by the Ladysmith RCMP, two new ATVs were located on a property on Wilcox Road in Ladysmith.
Both ATVs had been stolen, one from Nanaimo and one from the Duncan area. The ATVs were returned to their owners, and the police are continuing their investigation into the matter.
Sun., Aug. 19
• The Ladysmith RCMP received a report of the theft of a 16-foot Princecraft Yukon boat with a black 25-horsepower Johnson motor from Thetis Island. Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Ladysmith RCMP.
Weds., Aug. 22
• The Ladysmith RCMP responded to a report of a break and enter in the 1500 block of Seabird Road.
The occupants were at home, asleep at the time, when an unknown individual entered the residence and stole a purse, jewelry, a laptop, a guitar and lawn ornaments. The police are continuing to investigate and have conducted a forensic examination of the scene.
• The Ladysmith RCMP received a report of mischief to the underground parking area at the Royal Bank.
Sometime over the past week, graffiti had been spray painted on the walls and ceiling in the underground parking lot. Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Ladysmith RCMP detachment.
• The Ladysmith RCMP received a report of a Simmons 2,300-psi gas pressure washer and two-gallon air compressor being stolen from a carport in the 1500 block of Seabird overnight. The police are continuing to investigate the theft.
Thurs., Aug. 23
• On Aug. 23, the Ladysmith RCMP received a report of a theft of a watch from a residence in the 13000 block of Quennel Road.
As a result of the investigation, one 25-year-old male was arrested and released for court at a later date for the theft.