The Ladysmith Detachment responded to 81 calls for service over the past seven days.
Thursday, July 5
• The Ladysmith RCMP received a report of the theft of gas from a pickup truck parked near the Arcadia Trailer Park on Chemainus Road.
Sometime over the past week, an unknown individual cut the gas lines and syphoned off the gas.
• The Ladysmith RCMP responded to a motor vehicle accident in the 300 block of Roberts Street.
Investigation revealed that a pickup truck had been parked on Fourth Avenue. The vehicle was left in gear without the emergency brake engaged and subsequently rolled down the hill, striking the fence of a residence on Roberts Street. The truck and the fence received minor damage.
Saturday, July 7
• The Ladysmith RCMP received a report of a stolen BMX bike overnight from a residence in the 600 block of Dunsmuir Crescent.
The BMX bike is a Sunday Funday brand BMX with a chrome frame, purple front rim and black handlebars.
• On the evening of July 7, members of the Ladysmith RCMP responded to a motorcycle accident in which a 27-year-old male did a “wheely” on his motorcycle and crashed in the parking lot of the Shell Station on Esplanade Avenue.
As a result of the police investigation, the driver was detained for impaired driving and subsequently released to appear at a later date in court.
Sunday, July 8
• The Ladysmith RCMP responded to a motor vehicle accident on the Trans-Canada Highway at Spitfire Road.
A northbound motorcycle attempted to make a lane change and struck a vehicle in that lane.
As a result of the accident, the motorcycle sustained minor damage and the driver was taken to the hospital with a concussion.
• The Ladysmith RCMP received a report of a stolen 17-foot bright blue canoe from the beach area in front of 245 Oyster Cove Road.
The theft occurred overnight.
Wednesday, July 11
• The Ladysmith RCMP received a report of a theft of a GPS and marine radio from a boat parked in a fenced lot on Ludlow Road.
The theft occurred sometime in the past eight days.