The Ladysmith Detachment responded to 56 calls for service over the past seven days.
Friday, June 29
• The Ladysmith RCMP received a report of a break and enter to a travel trailer unit parked in the 11000 block of Finch Place. The door was pried open, and a 26-inch LG LCD TV was stolen. There are no suspects or witnesses to the theft.
• During the early evening of June 29, the Ladysmith RCMP responded to a motor vehicle accident between a van and a motorcycle.
The van was travelling north on the alley paralleling First Avenue. It crossed Buller Street near the Shell station when it crossed paths with a motorcycle. The driver of the motorcycle took evasive action to avoid the collision; however, the motorcycle struck the rear of the van.
Both vehicles suffered minor damage, and the driver of motorcycle was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
• The Ladysmith RCMP received a report of a motor vehicle accident.
A VW Jetta was travelling southbound on Aho Road, while a cube van was travelling northbound. The Jetta crossed over the centre going around a curve and crossed into the oncoming lane of traffic, resulting in the vehicles sideswiping each other. The cube van came to a stop in a ditch and was missing a wheel.
The driver of the Jetta was issued a violation ticket for failing to keep right.
Monday, July 2
• The Ladysmith RCMP received a report of a stolen 1986 Ford motorhome from a yard in the 12000 block of Church Road.
There are no suspects or witnesses to the theft. The words “Mini Wini” are written on the side of the motorhome.
Tuesday, July 3
• The Ladysmith RCMP received a report of the theft of a rudder from a sailboat moored at Sunrise Point on Thetis Island. The theft occurred over the long weekend. There are no suspects or witnesses at this time.