The Ladysmith Detachment responded to 63 calls for service from June 8-14.
Sunday, June 10
• The Ladysmith RCMP received a complaint of a break and enter to a home in the 700 block of Malone Road. While the residents were out in the evening, an unknown individual entered the residence. Jewelry, collector coins and a small amount of money were stolen. The police are continuing their investigation.
Monday, June 11
• The RCMP responded to a complaint of a male with a knife threatening others. Upon police attendance, one male was located and arrested. The male was detained in custody to appear in court for uttering threats and breach of an undertaking.
• The RCMP responded to a two-vehicle accident. A northbound Pontiac G5 failed to stop at a red light at the Trans-Canada Highway and Oyster Sto-Lo Road when it collided with a Honda Odyssey, which was making a left turn on to the highway. The driver of the Pontiac was charged under the Motor Vehicle Act for failing to stop at a red light.
• The RCMP received a report of a stolen 2005 eight-horsepower grey Yamaha outboard motor. The motor was stolen sometime during the previous week from a residence in the 600 block of Alderwood Drive. The police are continuing their investigation.
• During the evening of June 11, the Ladysmith RCMP responded to a fight outside the Timberlands Pub. One male was arrested for causing a disturbance and was detained in custody. He was subsequently released without charges.
Tuesday, June 12
• During the early morning hours of June 12, a resident on Hill Road was awaken to a break and enter in progress at the residence. The police were called and were able to locate one adult male and one male teen who matched the description of the suspects. The males were arrested and through the police investigation were able to establish they had attempted the break and enter and had broken into a number of vehicles in the area. Stolen property was recovered during the investigation. Both males were released to appear in court at a later date to be charged with break and enter and possession of stolen property.