• Sunday, June 1 — At 2:10 p.m., police received a report of an elderly man talking incoherently and walking down Buller Street near First Avenue.
The male was encountered by police and ambulance services. They determined the male had high blood pressure and dementia, and he was transported to Nanaimo Regional Hospital for treatment.
• Monday, June 16 — At 2:20 p.m., the RCMP received a citizen complaint regarding mischief to a newly planted tree at the park on Brown Drive, which occurred during the day between 12:30 and 1 p.m. The tree’s value is estimated at $150.
• Tuesday, June 17 — At 9:49 a.m., police received a report of food items stolen from an outdoor freezer at a residence in the 600 block of Alderwood Drive. Approximately $100 worth of meat was taken.
A possible suspect was identified, and the investigation is ongoing.
• Thursday, June 19 — At 2:50 p.m., two vehicles collided on the Trans-Canada Highway near Roberts Street.
The first vehicle in the northbound lane struck a deer, and the second vehicle following behind swerved to avoid the first vehicle. No contact was made; however, the second vehicle struck a third vehicle that was in the passing lane next to the second vehicle as it swerved into the middle lane to avoid a collision.
No injuries were involved. A tow truck was called to remove the third vehicle involved.
It was noted that the driver of the first vehicle departed the scene without leaving any details behind. No charges were laid.
• Monday, June 23 — At 10:28 a.m., a male reported his 2008 Blue Diamond Back Grind bicycle was stolen from his backyard, located near Methuen Street and First Avenue.
The bike is described as having a rusty chain and foot pegs on the front forks and rear hub.
• Thursday, June 26 — At 9:30 a.m., the RCMP received a report of a male carrying a gun along Timberlands Road.
The man was wearing a black T-shirt and black shorts and was Caucasian and approximately 30 years old. Police conducted patrols in the area but were unable to locate the male.
• Saturday, June 28 — At 2:40 p.m., police received a report of an assault on Penelakut Island between two females, one using a rock to cause injuries to the other.
Police and ambulance staff attended the scene and transported the victim to the Chemainus Health Care Centre. The suspect fled the scene before police arrived and was not located. Criminal assault charges are pending.
If you have any information relating to these crimes or any other ones, please contact the Ladysmith RCMP Detachment at 250-245-2215 or CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-8477.