Garden talk ideas offered year round
The Ladysmith Saltair Garden Club and Ladysmith Community Garden Society have all the seasons mapped out for their annual speakers series.
Most of the talks are delivered the third Thursday of each month, 7 p.m. (doors open at 6:30 p.m.), at St. John’s Anglican Church Hall on the corner of Buller St. and Third Ave.
Speakers are included with a $15 Ladysmith Saltair Garden Club membership, or cost two dollars at the door. In the lineup:
• Oct. 15 – Ian Efford: Rhodo Gardens of Vancouver Island
• Nov. 19 – Barbara Ebel: Sustainable Gardening for Ourselves and Nature
• Jan 21 – Joanne Tomio: Getting in Shape for Gardening
• Feb. 18 – Joy Story: Timing is Everything
• Mar. 8 – Colen Hanson: Starting and Growing Vegetable Seedlings (Tuesday evening at 6:30 p.m. at The Ladysmith Library, 740 First Ave. – free admission).
• Mar. 17 – Chris Southwick: The Rhododendron: Beauty, Diversity and Culture
• Apr. 21 – Brenda Beckwith: Native Habitats: Hedgerows and Salish Meadows
• May 7 – A Saturday Open House at Ladysmith Community Gardens from 10 a.m. to Noon, High St. and Second Ave. – free admission
May 14 – Garden Club Plant Sale, 9 a.m. at Aggie Hall, First Ave. and Symonds
May 19 – Members’ input on Amazing Annuals and Perfect Perennials
Program Details online at: ladysmithsaltairgardenclub.wordpress.com
Sponsor Appreciation at: ladysmithcommunitygardensociety.weebly.com.