The Saltair Community Centre has reopened for community programs multi-purpose use after a lengthy closure.
“It’s kind of a slow transition, because we’re limiting how many people can come into each room,” Nadi Bottomley of the Saltair Community Society said.
The Fitness for Life program has started up again with limited class sizes. The Saltair Quilters and Crafters group has also returned for their regular Tuesday gatherings.
Inquiring Little Minds Daycare has been operating in the Saltair Community Centre since April 15. Protocols are in place to prevent other groups using the facility from coming in contact with daycare children, as the children are still labelled a high risk group for COVID-19 transmission.
A strict illness policy is in place: anyone with a fever, sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing, or sneezing must stay home. All facility users will be required to use hand sanitizer upon entry, and are encouraged to wash their hands regularly.
The Saltair Community Society has also posted a lengthy list of protocols for a safe reopening.
Entering and Exiting the Facility:
• Patrons are asked to arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of a program and leave immediately following the program, staying no longer than 10 minutes
• Participants attending programs will be provided with a program guideline document prior to the start of the program which outlines entry and exit procedures. Each program is different based on the room your program will be utilizing.
• Notice will be displayed at the main entrance instructing patrons, delivery personnel not to enter if they are exhibiting flu-like symptoms or symptoms of COVID-19
• Patrons must follow all directional markers through the facility and obey all posted signs
• Hand sanitizer will be provided in the hallway and Gym for people to use when entering and exiting the facility; however, handwashing is the preferred method upon entry and exit.
Main Entrance doors:
At this time, no programs or outside user groups will be using the Main Entrance.
Use of the front entrance will be limited to Licensed Childcare to maintain the integrity of cleanliness and reduce possible exposure to attendees.
Entrance Meeting Rooms 16,17,18,19:
• Patrons will enter through the back Community Centre doors marked enter
• Follow guidelines identified in this document including directional signage and physical
• Patrons are to park vehicles in the back parking lot.
Upon Building Entry:
• Proceed to hand sanitizer stations prior to participating in program use
proceed directly to room where your program is scheduled for
• Please do not use hallway area for social gatherings.
• Following your program proceed to handwashing in meeting room.
• Exit facility through rear exit door. do not use main entry doors)
• Please leave within 10 minutes, following your program/booking
Enter street side gym doors at the front right side of building leading directly into the gym. Do not enter the main middle doors into the Centre.
For further information, contact the Saltair Community Centre at 250-210-8180 or visit their website: saltaircommunitycentre.ca.