Ladysmith RCMP responded to 33 calls for service from Aug. 2-12.
Thursday, Aug. 2
• The Ladysmith RCMP received a report of a female being assaulted on Shell Beach Road. Police attended but were unable to locate the male suspect. Charges of assault are being recommended, and a warrant for the arrest of the male is being sought.
Friday, Aug. 3
• Ladysmith RCMP received a report of a theft from a vehicle on Davis Road that occurred over the past few days. A GPS and a pair of sunglasses were taken.
Saturday, Aug. 4
• Police responded to a complaint of three males drinking alcohol in the dugout at Aggie Field. Police attended and located the males and sent them on their way, ensuring they took the mess they created with them.
Sunday, Aug. 5
• While on patrol, police checked a vehicle at the end of Fourth Avenue. The driver admitted to recently smoking marijuana. A small amount of marijuana was seized, along with paraphernalia. A 24-hour driving prohibition for drugs was also issued to the driver.
Monday, Aug. 6
• Police received a report of mischief that occurred overnight to a vehicle at Campers Corner. The windshield had been broken, and the vehicle was scratched. There were no witnesses to the mischief.
Tuesday, Aug. 7
• Police received a report of an assault that occurred Aug. 5 at Campers Corner where a man and woman were assaulted by a male that they had been partying with. The male was subsequently arrested and released on a Promise to Appear. Charges of assault and breach of probation are being recommended.
Wednesday, Aug. 8
• Police received a report of an assault of a female by an unknown male that occurred at approximately 1:30 a.m. on Aug. 6 near the amphitheatre at Transfer Beach Park. The female sustained minor injuries during the assault. At this time, the motive for the attack is still unknown. Police are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying anyone that may have been in the area at that time and may have observed anything suspicious. Anyone with information is asked to contact the RCMP at 250-245-2215 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Thursday, Aug. 9
• Police received a report of a theft from a vehicle that occurred overnight while the vehicle was parked in the gravel parking area at Transfer Beach. Taken were a set of keys, a silver purse,cell phone, cigarettes and $450 in cash. Police have no suspects or witnesses.
• Police responded to a report of an assault with a weapon that occurred on Sulksun Road where a female was hit with a bottle. The female received a laceration above and swelling around her eye as a result. Attempts to locate the male suspect were negative, and a warrant is being sought for his arrest. Charges of assault with a weapon and breach of conditional sentence order are being recommended.
Friday, Aug. 10
• Police received a report of a two-vehicle accident on the Trans-Canada Highway at the intersection of Chemainus Road and Davis Road. A southbound grey Dodge pickup struck a Honda CRV that was proceeding through the intersection on a green light. The investigation is continuing, and charges are being considered against the driver of the pickup truck.
Saturday, Aug. 11
• Police responded to a domestic dispute at approximately 12:30 a.m. A female caller reported being threatened and assaulted by her common-law husband. Police attended, and a male was arrested without incident outside the residence. Charges of assault and uttering threats are being recommended in this matter. The male was released on a Promise to Appear with No Contact conditions with the female.
Sunday, Aug. 12
• Police stopped a pickup on Timberlands Road that had four people sitting in the box. Marijuana paraphernalia was seized, along with a small amount of marijuana. A violation ticket was issued to the driver for driving contrary to restrictions.
• RCMP report that the Ladysmith Days events over the weekend were relatively uneventful, with only a handful of Liquor Act infractions reported, along with a small amount of marijuana being seized.