The Frank Jameson Community Centre is closed until further notice after an early morning hydro pole fire outside the building on Monday.
Ladysmith Fire Rescue was called to the scene just before 6 a.m.
The electrical fire was sparked from the distribution box at the base of the pole.
Fire chief Ray Delcourt said firefighters made sure to knock down the fire from a safe distance.
BC Hydro crews arrived on scene shortly after 7 a.m. to start working on the necessary repairs.
The pole will be replaced on Monday and power could be back on at FJCC as early as this afternoon.
The Town notified residents through social media at around 9:30 a.m. that the facility would remained closed all day.