Monday, July 14
• Over the weekend of July 12-14, a thief/thieves entered the Calypso Clothing Store on Buller Street and stole clothing and other items. The crime was committed without any signs of forced entry or triggering the alarm system. The investigation is ongoing.
Tuesday, July 15
• At 3:40 a.m., a female caller reported a propane explosion happening on Sandpiper Drive, which caused her injuries. Police responded; however, there were no signs of any explosion or any problems in the area. No other reports were received. Neighborhood inquiries were conducted without any further clues. Police determined the phone call was a prank.
• At 4:30 p.m. at the Saltair Pub, a female reported being assaulted by her ex-boyfriend, who pulled her hair and spat at her before leaving the scene prior to police arrival. Efforts to locate the male were not successful. Police are pursuing charges of assault and breaching court conditions against a 51-year-old male, who was also on conditions not to consume alcohol at this time.
Sunday, July 20
• At 4:25 p.m. on the Esplanade near the Shell gas station, police were called to a two-vehicle collision in the northbound lane. The first vehicle began slowing down and pulling over to the side of the roadway. A second vehicle following behind did not see the first vehicle until the last moment and swerved to avoid a collision, but unfortunately, the second vehicle struck the rear of the first vehicle. Both vehicles were towed from the scene. No serious injuries were suffered by the motorists involved.
Saturday, July 26
• At 12:30 a.m., a single pickup vehicle rollover occurred along the gravel service road near Timberlands Road. Five people were involved, with three being injured. No one was wearing seatbelts, and some occupants were thrown from the vehicle since they were in the box of the truck. Alcohol was involved, and the 18-year-old male driver was issued a 12-hour driving suspension as a result. The injured people were released from the hospital after suffering with minor injuries. The vehicle was not repairable.