Stage 3 Water Restrictions come into effect July 3rd for the Town of Ladysmith, Diamond Improvement District and Stz’uminus First Nation.
These annual restrictions are intended to help control water usage during the warmer, dryer weather.
Remember, being waterwise throughout the year can save you money.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Stage 3 - Provincial Drought Level 4
Outdoor watering is not permitted
between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Watering in the evening, nighttime or early morning reduces water wasted due to evaporation and spreads peak water use. If you’re using an automated system, please schedule watering for the overnight hours.
Sprinkling & Irrigation Systems (lawns, gardens, trees & shrubs)
- Even Addresses: Not Permitted
- Odd Addresses: Not Permitted
- Watering New Lawn: 1 hour/day, sprinkling permit required*
Vegetable Gardens & Fruit Trees
- Hand watering, Micro or Drip Irrigation: 2 hours/day
Ornamental Trees, Shrubs & Flower Gardens
- Hand watering: 1 hours/day
- Micro or Drip Irrigation: 1 hours/day
Other Outdoor Water Use
- Filling Pools & Hot Tubs Not Permitted
- Washing Vehicles or Boats, Driveways, Houses & Sidewalks: Permitted Under Certain Circumstances - please contact Infrastructure Services
*Sprinkling permits can be obtained at Infrastructure Services. Please call 250-245-6445 or email email@example.com.